To Locate Your Middlebury College Email Address
- Your email address will be ready to activate on Friday, November 11.
- You will be able to look up your email address from a list available on the following web page:
First Accessing Your Email Account
- Go to the Middlebury College website: http://go.middlebury.edu/activate then click Continue.
- In the ID field enter your Middlebury College ID number which is the 8-digit number listed on the “Registration” letter from Janis Audet sent via email in early November.
- In the PIN field enter your BannerWeb PIN and then click Logon.
- If you have never logged into BannerWeb your PIN should be your date of birth in MMDDYY format.
- If you receive an error try 010101 (a default used if your date of birth is unknown to us).
- Note: If you’ve already used BannerWeb to access your course roster information, you would have been forced to change your PIN during your first login, so you should use the PIN that you assigned for yourself at that time.
Please read the Statement for Responsible Computing, select the Agree radio button, and then click Submit.
The username for your email account appears in a red font at the top of the page presented. The bulleted items listed below indicate the parameters for setting your password. Type your new password in the Enter New Password and Confirm New Password fields then click Continue. If you’ve done everything right, you will get a message indicating a successful password change.
If you previously taught during winter term at Middlebury, your BannerWeb account may have an old or expired PIN. To reset a forgotten PIN, visit http://go.middlebury.edu/bw, fill in your 8-digit ID number, then click the "Forgot PIN?" button. If you answer your security question successfully you will be able to specify a new 6-digit PIN. If you still need assistance, contact the Helpdesk at 802-443-2200 between 8:15 am and 5:00 pm.
Your email account may also have a password that you’ve forgotten. Just visit http://go.middlebury.edu/activate to reset the password!
- You can access WebMail from www.middlebury.edu by scrolling
to the bottom of the page and clicking on Quick Links.
- Don't be surprised to find emails in your college mailbox from students during registration asking to be added to a waitlist. By now they have been in contact with Janis Audet and have been added to your waitlist.
All courses at Middlebury have an email address that will distribute
any email sent from that address to all the participants in a course.
Once you have activated your email account:
- Open webmail from the Middlebury College webpage;
- Open a new message and click on the “To” field to open
the Address Book;
- Type your course number (e.g., amst1002 – no spaces),
and press return. This should bring up your class email
- Be sure the email address has “w16-students” after it to
ensure that you are sending the email to the Winter Term
class of 2016 (e.g., amst-1002a-w16-students). If you
taught this course previously, there may still be an old
email list in the address book.
If you encounter difficulties during this process, please contact our Help Desk at x2200