Activating Your College Email Account
To Locate Your Middlebury College Email Address
- Your email address will be ready to activate on Friday, November 15.
- You will be able to look up your email address from a list available on the following web page:
First Accessing Your Email Account
- Go to the Middlebury College website: http://go.middlebury.edu/activate and click Continue.
- In the ID field enter your Middlebury College ID number which was the 8-digit number listed on the “Registration” letter from Janis Audet sent via email in early November.
- In the PIN field enter your BannerWeb PIN and then click Logon.
- If you have never logged into BannerWeb your PIN should be your date of birth in MMDDYY format.
- If you receive an error try 010101 (a default used if your date of birth is unknown to us.
- Note: If you’ve already used BannerWeb to access your course roster information, you would have been forced to change your PIN during your first login, so you should use the PIN that you assigned for yourself at that time.
If you previously taught during winter term at Middlebury, your BannerWeb account may have an old PIN. If you don’t remember this PIN, please contact the Helpdesk at 802.443.2200 so they can retrieve this information for you. Your email account may also have a password that you’ve forgotten. Just go to the link above to reset the password!
- You can access WebMail from www.middlebury.edu by scrolling
to the bottom of the page and clicking on Quick Links.
- Don't be surprised to find emails in your college mailbox from students during registration asking to be added to a waitlist. By now they have found their way to me and have been added to your waitlist.
If you would like to re-direct your Middlebury email to your personal email account, please visit https://mail.middlebury.edu/forward/
All courses at Middlebury have an email address that will distribute
any email sent from that address to all the participants in a course.
Once you have activated your email account:
- Open webmail from the Middlebury College webpage;
- Open a new message and click on the “To” field to open
the Address Book;
- Type your course number (e.g., amst1002 – no spaces),
and press return. This should bring up your class email
- Be sure the email address has “w14-students” after it to
ensure that you are sending the email to the Winter Term
class of 2014 (e.g., amst-1002a-w14-students). If you
taught this course previously, there may still be an old
email list in the address book.
If you encounter difficulties during this process, please contact our Help Desk at x2200