Activating Your College Email Account
To Locate Your Middlebury College Email Address
- Your email address will be ready to activate on Friday, November 16.
- You will be able to look up your email address from a list available on the following web page:
First Accessing Your Email Account
Go to the Middlebury College website: https://bat.middlebury.edu/activate/
You will be prompted to enter your ID Number and BannerWeb PIN.
- Your User ID is your Middlebury College ID number which
was listed on the “Registration” letter from Janis Audet sent
via email in early November.
- When you log in for the first time, use 010101 as your PIN
(if you receive an error, try your birthdate, mmddyy); you
will be prompted to select a unique PIN once you have
logged in. (If you have already assigned a BannerWeb PIN
to access your course roster information, please use that
same password for activating your email account).
- If you have previously taught during winter term at
Middlebury, your account may still be set to an old password.
If you don’t remember this password, please contact the Helpdesk (x2200)
so they can reset it for you.
- Once this information has been entered, you will be
prompted to assign a password.
- You can access WebMail from www.middlebury.edu by scrolling
to the bottom of the page and clicking on Quick Links.
If you would like to re-direct your Middlebury email to your personal email account,
please visit https://mail.middlebury.edu/forward/
All courses at Middlebury have an email address that will distribute
any email sent from that address to all the participants in a course.
Once you have activated your email account:
- Open webmail from the Middlebury College webpage;
- Open a new message and click on the “To” field to open
the Address Book;
- Type your course number (e.g., amst1002 – no spaces),
and press return. This should bring up your class email
- Be sure the email address has “w13-students” after it to
ensure that you are sending the email to the Winter Term
class of 2013 (e.g., amst-1002a-w13-students). If you
taught this course previously, there may still be an old
email list in the address book.
If you encounter difficulties during this process,
please contact our Help Desk at x2200