General Registration Information
Students register for Fall courses in April/May and Winter and Spring courses in November using the BannerWeb Registration system. Information about this process and how to access BannerWeb registration is available elsewhere on this site.
Round One—Check Your Registration Status
Students are strongly encouraged to use Round One—the Practice Option before real-time registration begins, to be sure that they have planned a schedule that does not have time conflicts and so that they can request necessary approvals or overrides of any restrictions, or resolve other issues prior to registration as there is limited time in each registration window.
- Approvals are given only for approval-required courses.
- Students request approvals for approval-required courses during the Advising/Round One period.
- The instructor(s) determines the students who qualify for the approval-required course and enters their ID numbers in BannerWeb.
- Students approved for a section are guaranteed enrollment in the section.
- Students must register on BannerWeb for approval-required courses, once approvals have been granted by the instructor
- A registration override allows a student to register for a section when course prerequisites, or a student's class standing, field of study or other restrictions are not satisfied, as specified by the instructor.
- The instructor(s) determines the students who qualify for an override for a particular courses when requested, and enters their ID numbers and the type of override in BannerWeb.
- An override does not guarantee that the student will be enrolled in the course; an override only allows the student to bypass the registration restrictions granted by the instructor.
- Specifically, instructors can grant overrides for prerequisite, major, or credit-based class standing restrictions that the student does not meet according to the way the course was set up by the instructor.
- Only students with less than 21 credits earned by the end of current term and who are on campus will be assigned an Alternate PIN for registration in BannerWeb. Also students who have 21 or more credits earned through the current term and have not declared a major are also assigned an Alternate PIN. Students obtain their Alternate PIN from their academic adviser.
- Students who have been assigned an Alternate PIN can ONLY access the registration web link by entering this additional 4-digit number obtained from their adviser when prompted after entering BannerWeb with the usual signon credentials.
- The purpose of obtaining the Alternate PIN from the adviser is to encourage faculty and students to meet and talk.
- All students are strongly encouraged to meet or discuss courses with their adviser prior to registration regardless of the Alternate PIN assignment.