1. A complete Language School application: online application, $75 non-refundable application fee, letter(s) of recommendation, and transcript(s).
2. Online scholarship application.
3. Required essay.*
4. CV or resume.*
*Please submit the essay and CV/resume through the online scholarship application.
Tips for using the online scholarship form.
1. Click on the form link and choose Kathryn Davis Fellows from the drop-down menu. This will cause the form to display additional questions related only to the Davis Fellows for Peace application.
2. Respond to all questions with asterisks (required questions). You will not be able to submit the form if you skip a required question.
3. Upload the required essay: The Davis Fellows for Peace aim to fulfill the intention of philanthropist Kathryn Wasserman Davis, who dedicated much of her life to peace initiatives. As the cultivation of intercultural communication is essential to reducing conflict, the study of the world's critical languages has become increasingly important. In establishing these fellowships, Mrs. Davis challenged us to "bring about a mindset of preparing for peace instead of preparing for war." Please submit a brief essay (500-600 words, double spaced) that reflects your past experience and future aspirations to contribute to more peaceful relationships between people, institutions, or communities. Highlight the role of language and language study in fostering those relationships and in helping to mediate conflict.
3. Upload a current resume or CV.
Online applications are due by midnight, Eastern Time, January 15, 2015. Any mailed component must be postmarked by January 15th. We will review applications and notify students on March 13th by email.