Courses offered in the past four years.
▲ indicates offered in the current term
▹ indicates offered in the upcoming term[s]
FREN3305 - Topics in French Language
Speaking in public with self-confidence
Using a variety of strategies, including the reading and staging of theatre texts, this course aims to strengthen oral proficiency while developing the self-confidence required for a variety of public-speaking activities. The course is regularly taught to diplomats, lawyers, professors, business managers, and students.
FREN3450 - Theater and Language
This course aims at developing ease and fluidity of oral communication in French. With support of three contemporary Francophone plays, students will discover the French languages diversity by working on pronunciation, quality of their voice, gesture and breathing.
The course will be articulated in a dynamic, participative and creative way around three axes:
1) Dramaturgical approach of the plays: reading, discussion, analysis;
2) Exercises stemming from the theatrical pedagogy to improve the qualities of articulation, pronunciation, memorization, verbal ease and public speaking;
3) Staging extracts of the studied plays for a public presentation, which will close the course.
This year, we’ll be exploring the themes of “growing up, questioning, encounters and hope”, trough different approaches and varied aesthetics trough the plays of three renowned play writers from France, Belgium and Québec.
- Mariette NAVARRO, Les feux de poitrine, ISBN 2916834559
- Stanislas COTTON, Et dans le trou de mon cœur, le monde entier, ISBN 978-2-8071-0031-2
- Wajdi MOUAWAD, Assoifés, ISBN 274276450X
Summer 2014 Language Schools