For most faculty grant proposals  (undergraduate faculty), the appropriate senior College administrator is the Dean for Faculty Development  and Research (DFDR). When the DFDR is unavailable, another academic administrator may sign, in the following order: Dean of the Faculty, Dean of Curriculum,  Vice President of Academic Affairs. The Dean of Curriculum must sign endorsement forms that specify equipment or curriculum obligations; Director of Sciences can sign for equipment that will be hosued in Bicentennial Hall. An endorsement from the Vice President of Academic Affairs  or the Vice President for Language Schools, Schools Abroad, and Graduate Programs may also be required.

For institutional grant proposals, the Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations determines the most appropriate senior College administrator.

For MIIS (Montery Institute of International Studies) proposals, the senior administrator is usually the Provost.