Where to Start?
Whether you are just beginning to think about career interests or already have a sense of the direction you'd like to pursue...
Meeting with a career advisor is one step towards helping you explore possibilities and put focus to your thinking. At the CCI, we meet you wherever you are in the process of assessing your interests, exploring your options, gaining experience, and developing a plan.
Think about your career exploration as a series of progressive steps you can take in each of your four years. Let's explore what's next!
First-Years: Get Started
- Attend a CCI Open House and get to know the CCI team.
- Complete your MOJO account: Get access to thousands of internship opportunities, plus up-to-the minute information about alumni Career Conversations, visiting recruiters, events, and workshops.
- Create a resume afor internships and summer job applications; have it reviewed by a Peer Career Advisor during Quick Questions.
- Get involved on campus: Explore your interests through student activities or community service.
- Attend a Career Conversation event and information sessions to learn about liberal arts career paths from Middlebury alumni.
Sophomores: Gain Skills and Experience
- Come to Quick Questions to find out about career resources.
- Seek leadership roles in a student organization, athletic team, or through community service.
- Apply for a winter term or summer internship.
- Update your resume and have a Peer Career Advisor review it during Quick Questions.
- Attend Career Conversations with Middlebury alumni to learn more about a potential career field.
- Apply for a stipend for your unpaid summer internship or project.
Juniors: Focus Your Strategy
- Apply for a winter term or summer internship to gain additional experience.
- Update your resume and have a Peer Career Advisor review it during Quick Questions; make an appointment with a career advisor to discuss your strategy.
- Apply for funding for an unpaid summer internship or project.
- Review our Social Networking Tips and update your LinkedIn profile.
Seniors: Achieve Your Goals
Update your MOJO account and your resume.
Meet with an career advisor to discuss your post-graduate options.
Attend employer and graduate school information sessions.Network!
- Utilize MiddNet and LinkedIn to network with alumni.
Apply for jobs, internships, and fellowships, or other post-graduate opportunities posted in MOJO and the Liberal Arts Career Network (LACN).
Schedule a practice interview with a career advisor.
Report your outcomes to your career advisor.