- Middlebury, VT
- Contact Name
- Hayley Cobble
- Ilsley Public Library
- Contact Phone Number
- (802) 388-4095
- Contact Email
- Work Study
- Charges books, magazines and other library holdings in and out at the circulation desk and collects fines using an automated circulation system.
- Replaces books, magazines and other library holdings on shelves.
- Discharges incoming library materials using an automated circulation system and inspects them for damages.
- Performs routine library computer functions.
- Operates a variety of standard office and library machines.
- Answers telephones and provides routine information or refers and transfers calls.
- Answers patron questions and refers patrons to appropriate personnel.
- Assists in assuring accurate library shelving by shelf-reading and reshelving of materials, as needed.
- Assists with library programs and displays.
- Performs related work as required
- One to eight hour shifts during the weekdays/nights and on Saturdays or Sundays, depending on Library staffing requirements.
- Duties may require intermittent light to moderate physical effort in carrying, lifting, or moving light
- weight materials or equipment.
- Shelving duties include bending and kneeling on the floor. Other duties may require accessing
- materials above 5’.
- This position requires a mix of sitting, walking, and standing.
Library student workers fill in for part-time and regular staff as needed. There are no set hours and no guarantee of hours. Work involves responsibility for routine circulation, shelf maintenance and clerical functions using automated circulation system. Duties include charging books in and out, shelving library materials, data inputting, and telephone answering. This position is also invested with making beginning level library clerical decisions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Experience and familiarity with library work;
- Able to understand and follow oral and written instructions;
- Able to work well with persons of all ages;
- Ability to pay attention to detail;
- Good communication skills and detail oriented;
- Self-starter with good organizational and computer skills;
- Able to work independently;
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Library staff and patrons;
- Excellent customer service skills.