- Middlebury, VT
- Contact Name
- Chris Donner
- EastView At Middlebury
- Contact Phone
- (802) 989-7500
- Contact Email
- $14 per hour, depending on experience
- Flexible and accommodating to class schedules
- Work Study
This support position performs a variety of services in the kitchen area, such as dish washing, basic food prep, line prep, food storage, general kitchen cleaning and performs bus services in the main or auxiliary dining rooms.
Shift Days and Schedules:
- This is a part-time position of up to 20-24 hours per week
- We offer very flexible working schedules that can be tailored to individual availability and needs.
- Generally Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 4:00pm to 8:00pm and/or Saturday 12:00pm to 8:00pm
Dishwashers report to the Chef / Dining Services Director.
- Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, or pans, using dishwashers or by hand.
- Maintain the log sheet, documenting water temperature and reporting anomalies when appropriate.
- Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, or utensils in clean and orderly condition, including sweeping or scrubbing floors.
- Place clean dishes, utensils, or cooking equipment in designated storage areas.
- Sort and remove trash, placing it in designated pickup areas or compost.
- Set up, clean or prepare various foods for cooking or serving.
- Transfer supplies or equipment between storage and work areas.
- Assist server staff by busing tables, as needed.
- Prior experience in a dining or customer service setting preferred;
- Prior experience with industrial kitchen equipment preferred but not required;
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 pounds;
- Must have knowledge of principles and processes for providing high level customer and personal services;
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail required;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; listening and verbal, required;
- Must be an independent worker who works under minimal supervision;
- High level of reliability, follow-through, discretion and integrity required;
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and sometime intense work environment;
- Must be an energetic and enthusiastic collaborative team player;
- U.S. citizenship or a current, valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
Go to https://eastviewmiddlebury.com/join-our-team/ for full position descriptions and to apply on-line today!