EastView Part Time Bistro Cook
- Middlebury, VT
- Contact Name
- Chris Donner
- EastView At Middlebury
- Contact Phone
- (802) 989-7500
- Contact Email
- $15+ per hour, depending on experience
- Work Study
Would you like to be an integral part of a dynamic Dining Services Team that provides top quality culinary products and service and actually get to know some of the customers you serve? If so, we want you to consider joining our team as a Bistro Cook.
Responsibilities include the preparation, cooking, and timely coordination of Bistro meals to EastView residents and guests. Menu items are prepared through the use of standardized recipes, equipment, and production methods that ensure quality food production throughout the facility. All dining staff are responsible for routine kitchen duties, maintaining sanitation and food quality standards, and tracking/receiving of food supplies.
Shift Days and Schedules:
- This is a part-time position of 20-24 hours per week.
- Monday through Friday shift schedules are generally 10:00 am to 3:30 pm.
- Occasional holiday shifts may be required.
The Bistro Cook reports to the Chef / Dining Services Director.
- Create a positive and inviting socializing environment for the residents, guests, and staff, where you work;
- Assist with food prep lists to prepare menu items from scratch for the Bistro and Line;
- Create the daily menu, utilizing leftover product or creating new daily specials and ensure that menu items are cooked according to EastView quality standards;
- Produce menu items in a manner that is consistent with EastView quality standards in terms of ingredients, preparation method, presentation and temperature;
- Plate items according to the appropriate quantities specified by our menu or according to special directives;
- Proactively identify poor quality production and seeks assistance from Chefs as necessary;
- Ensure that all food preparation is consistently performed in compliance with established department standards for serving size, recipe instruction, and appropriate garnishment;
- Ensure that cooking time for all menu items is coordinated in order to allow for consistent delivery;
- Ensure that all food meets storage requirements in terms of location and labeling;
- Maintain and apply expertise in safe-serve control practices;
- Treat residents with dignity and respect.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in high quality, high volume restaurant, hotel, or residential community food service setting as Lead Cook or Assistant Cook required;
- Ability to read, edit, and convert recipes from computer and paper files;
- Skilled in use of all standard industrial cooking equipment and proper knife skills required;
- Knowledge of workflow and kitchen practices in high quality, high volume restaurants or hotels required;
- Must be ServSafe Certified or willing and able to obtain certification;
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail required;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills required;
- Must be an independent worker who works under minimal supervision;
- Must be an energetic and enthusiastic collaborative team player;
- U.S. citizenship or a current, valid U.S. work permit is mandatory
Go to https://eastviewmiddlebury.com/join-our-team/ for full position descriptions and to apply on-line today!