- Contact Name
- Chris Donner
- EastView at Middlebury
- Contact Phone Number
- (802) 989-7500
- Contact Email
- $15 / hour + depending on experience
- Flexible and accommodating to class schedules
- Work Study
- Not Work Study
Explore joining our talented team at EastView at Middlebury, a 99-home, nonprofit senior living community filled with engagement, care and purposeful living. Working at EastView could change your perspective on fulfilling work for the rest of your life. Together, we deliver service excellence 365 days a year for our residents, within a community that thrives on human connection.
As a Housekeeper you will be an integral part of a dynamic facilities team that provides top quality cleaning services, and you will actually get to know the customers you serve. Housekeepers are responsible for the overall cleanliness of the EastView community and are integral to ensuring that presentation and health standards are met for all of our residents.
- We offer very flexible working schedules that can be tailored to individual availability and needs.
- The weekly schedule will be flexible and is typically Monday through Friday from 7:00am to 3:30pm.
- One weekend day shift may be available.
Housekeepers report to the Facilities Manager.
Education & Training
- Clean cottages, apartments, offices, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, break rooms, dining rooms, and other work areas so that health standards are met;
- Clean rugs, carpets, and upholstered furniture, using vacuum cleaners and shampooers;
- Wash windows and woodwork, spot clean walls, waxing and polishing as necessary;
- Dust and polish furniture, woodwork, machines, and equipment;
- Empty office and public area wastebaskets, recycling bins, and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas;
- Replenish supplies, such as bathroom and other common area items;
- Wash and fold independent living resident sheets, per request;
- Contribute and problem-solve during team meetings;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
- Prior experience housekeeping in a hospitality related setting preferred but not required;
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 pounds;
- Must have knowledge of principles and processes for providing high level customer and personal services;
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail required;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; both written and verbal, required;
- High level of reliability, follow-through, discretion and integrity required;
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment;
- Must possess proactive, positive problem-solving skills;
- Must be an energetic and enthusiastic collaborative team player;
- U.S. citizenship or a current, valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
Go to https://eastviewmiddlebury.com/join-our-team/ for full position descriptions and to apply on-line today!