The reloadable, prepaid Wisely Pay card is a convenient way to receive your paycheck funds from Middlebury College.
NOW AVAILABLE as a payment method in Oracle HCM!
Some benefits of the Wisely Pay card include:
- No charge for direct deposit. Get paid up to 2 days early for your pay and other sources of income. A no-fee upgrade is required.*
- Shop and pay bills in stores, online, in apps, or by phone, everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted and where Debit Mastercard is accepted.*
- Manage your money. Save for a rainy day with an in-app savings envelope. Plan your budget and track your spending habits to boost your financial wellness with the myWisely app.*
- Balance is protected from fraud if the card is lost or stolen, and is FDIC insured.*
- Order up to 3 extra cards for your family or trusted individuals.*
- Easy and fee-free access to cash at 80,000 nationwide in-network ATMs as well as domestic over-the-counter transactions at 120,000 in-network Visa and in-network Mastercard banks, and cash back at point of sale at thousands of retail locations, as well as down-to-the-penny cash access at most Walmart retail outlets.*
*Terms and conditions apply. Please review the Wisely Pay card guide for a full list of requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
Because Middlebury does not use prenoting as part of the payroll process, the Wisely Pay card is an option on the first payroll that you sign up and activate your card. Please activate the card by the Wednesday before the payroll check date.*
You can use your Wisely Pay card on the phone, online, or in any store that accepts Mastercard or Visa. You can also add your Wisely Pay card to your mobile wallet. Pay with a single touch anywhere Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, or Google Pay is accepted. For cash back, use your PIN to make a PIN-based purchase at stores that offer this service, like grocery and convenience stores.*
The myWisely app is the most convenient way to view and manage your money. View your balance and detailed transactions so you can see where your card has been used and know when your pay has been loaded. Set aside money and discover opportunities to build your rainy-day fund. You can even view your Wisely card routing and account numbers, so you can set up direct deposits into your account from other employers and government benefits providers, as well as for tax refunds.*
The Wisely card is yours to keep, no matter where you work. You can load money from any employer and sources such as your tax refund and government benefits. Use the myWisely app to view your Wisely card routing and account numbers, then provide them to your employers or government benefits providers to set up direct deposit payments into your Wisely card account.*
Your card balance is FDIC insured and you are not liable for unauthorized purchases. If your card is lost or stolen, be sure to lock your card using the myWisely app. You can instantly lock your card so it cannot be used. Log in to the myWisely app and go to account settings, then open card settings to use this feature. If you find your card, you can instantly unlock it and resume using it.*
Your card balance is FDIC insured, and you are not liable for unauthorized purchases. If your card is lost or stolen, be sure to lock your card using the myWisely app. You can instantly lock your card so it cannot be used. Log in to the myWisely app and go to Account Settings, then open Card Settings to use this feature. If you find your card, you can instantly unlock it and resume using it. Report a lost, stolen, or damaged card to the call center immediately by calling 866-313-6901. We will cancel your card and transfer the funds to a new card that will be sent to you.
*Please review the Wisely Pay card FAQ for more information about activating, adding money, and using your card.