Weekly Web Updates - March 16, 2020
| by Ian McBride and Adam Franco
We made a number of updates this week to facilitate communication of the institutions COVID-19 response. In particular, all Middfiles resource links in the Course Hub now use the URL of the Nasuni Web Access service. This allows access to the same course materials through an interface that does not require the user to be on campus or using the VPN. No action is needed on the part of faculty to update their Course Hub sites to use this, all existing Middfiles resources have been converted and newly added Middfiles resources will use Nasuni URLs.
- Drupal entity_reference_revisions 8.x-1.8
- Drupal twig_tweak 8.x-2.5
- Drupal views 7.x-3.24
- WordPress enable-media-replace plugin 3.3.11
- WordPress foogallery plugin 1.9.8
- WordPress nextgen-gallery plugin 3.3.0
- WordPress wp-custom-fields-search plugin 1.2.17
- WordPress sydney theme 1.60
Fixes and Tweaks
- We made a number of updates to the alert banners for our Drupal-based websites in order to make the banners larger, easier to read, and work across all sites.
- Editors with access to manage the alert banners can also use the Full HTML text format, allowing them to create highlighted content, such as the message that now appears on our event calendar related to event cancellations.
- Added a banner to the top of the Library website to highlight their COVID-19 response plans.
- The Frequently Asked Questions component on Drupal 8 sites now has an editable title field if you do not want it to be labelled “Frequently Asked Questions”.
- Fixed an issue where the dateline would not appear on stories if the byline was empty.
- Newsrooms added to our new Drupal 8 sites can now be published and unpublished. Previously they were stuck in Draft mode on creation.
- Creating a new “Offices” site for institution-wide anchor functions.
- Creating new Drupal 8 sites for our schools and programs.
- Post-launch improvements of the updated Course Hub.
Information Technology Services
Davis Family Library 202
Middlebury, VT 05753