Weekly Web Updates - March 23, 2020
Both the Middlebury College Admissions site and the Middlebury Institute site now have a chat widget that allows prospective students to connect with our representatives and ask questions. Administrators of either site can enable or disable this feature at any time through the site’s administration interface.
- Drupal 8.8.4
- Drupal video_embed_field 8.x-2.3
- WordPress akismet plugin 4.1.4
- WordPress badgeos plugin 3.5
- WordPress redirection plugin 4.7.1
- WordPress instagram-feed plugin 2.2.2
- WordPress sydney-toolbox plugin 1.09
- WordPress the-events-calendar plugin 188.8.131.52
- WordPress wordpress-importer plugin 0.7
- WordPress wp-custom-fields-search plugin 1.2.21
- WordPress accelerate theme 1.4.5
- WordPress hueman theme 3.5.2
- WordPress responsive theme 4.2.1
Fixes and Tweaks
- Prepared features for the Middlebury College Admitted Students site, including a new options for the Video Group component to allow videos with a portrait-orientation that is used for student FAQs.
- The video group component also now allows an unlimited number of videos and can be added to Basic Content or Top Level pages on all sites, except for the Middlebury Institute.
- Middlebury College Admissions staff can now edit the header and footer widgets on their site. This is a feature we will be rolling out to other sites, particularly those with hard-coded header and footer widgets, such as the ITS site, in the coming weeks.
- The Community Announcements site now has drop-down navigation and we have the configuration in place to allow this on other office sites where it is needed.
- The Middlebury Institute site now has an Announcement component that can be added to content. There is also an editable announcement widget on the Institute’s Events Calendar.
- Fixed an error in the Course Hub that was preventing edits to the title or description of existing Canvas and Panopto resources.
- Fixed an issue in the Course Catalog that prevented new archival exports from saving.
- GO shortcuts sent through MyEmma are now working. MyEmma adds some campaign tracking codes to the URL that we needed to remove through GO’s server configuration before passing it off to the application.
- Creating a new “Offices” site for institution-wide anchor functions.
- Creating new Drupal 8 sites for our schools and programs.
- Post-launch improvements of the updated Course Hub.
Information Technology Services
Davis Family Library 202
Middlebury, VT 05753