Weekly Web Updates - March 9, 2020
| by Ian McBride and Adam Franco
- Drupal 8.8.3
- Drupal address 8.x-1.8
- Drupal scheduler_content_moderation_integration 8.x-1.2
- WordPress jetpack plugin 8.3
- WordPress seriously-simple-podcasting plugin 1.20.13
- WordPress instagram-feed plugin 2.2.1
- WordPress social-icons-widget-by-wpzoom plugin 4.0.1
- WordPress subscribe2 plugin 10.32
- WordPress sydney theme 1.59
Fixes and Tweaks
- Added support for embedding 25Live calendar widgets in the undergraduate college site in preparation for building out the Commencement event website.
- The Announcement component now has a new “Advanced Blurb HTML” text format that you can select below the editor. This allows for multi-paragraph announcements and various types of lists.
- We believe we’ve fixed an issue where the links in lists of stories on new Drupal 8 sites would sometimes not redirect to the location of the External URL if set by an editor. In particular, this was an issue with the HCM training schedule. We believe that when the item was accessed via RSS Drupal cached a version of it that didn’t include the redirect, so we’ve moved the code that handles this to a place that fires no matter how the item is accessed.
- There is a new component on the Institute site that allows editors to build lists of links that display in a grid with featured images. This will allow them to create a Degree Programs page with two options that end up on the same program page, but have different titles, images, and descriptions.
- Set up a new site structure for COVID-19 information.
- Creating a new “Offices” site for institution-wide anchor functions.
- Creating new Drupal 8 sites for our schools and programs.
- Post-launch improvements of the updated Course Hub.
Information Technology Services
Davis Family Library 202
Middlebury, VT 05753