In order to request physical materials from the Middlebury College Libraries, please follow these steps:
2) Search for the item you want to request
- If the item you want to access has a due date, it means it is checked out. Currently, we are not enforcing due dates, so if this happens, please request another copy of the item via Interlibrary Loan request.
3) Click either the “Request this item” button on the left hand side of a list of results
OR the “Request” button above the record
4) Enter your Middlebury College username and password
5) Select your delivery method
- If you are in Middlebury and able to come to campus, select “Davis Family Library” from the drop down menu to pick up from the vestibule at the entrance to the Library
- If you are outside of Middlebury, select “Mail to the address below in the notes field” to have a book mailed to you. Please include your full mailing address, including street, city, state, country if international, and zip or postal code in the “Note” field.
- Please note that depending on your location and the item you are requesting, we may not be able to mail the item to you. We will contact you to discuss options.
- If you only need a portion of the book scanned and emailed to you as a PDF file, please select “Scan and email the pages below”
6) Enter any relevant notes that you want, including your mailing address or the pages you would like scanned and your email address
7) Please do not use the “Cancel if not filled by:” field. If you need an item by a particular date, please email us at email@example.com
Once you have submitted your request:
- You will get an email when the item is available for pickup (usually within 48 hours)
- Come to the Davis Family Library and access the Library Vestibule with your college ID
- Find your book on the hold shelf (arranged by last name) OR in a paper bag on the hold table
- Remove the slip of paper containing your name and the book information and place it in the box on the same cart as the books
For questions or more information, please contact Library Borrowing:
Phone: (802) 443-5494