We are offering a very limited pool of equipment for circulation during the COVID pandemic. See the Equipment Available to Borrow section for more information.
How Does Borrowing Equipment Work?
Equipment will need to be booked 24 hours in advance via the Equipment Booking form. All equipment must be picked up from the Davis Family Library. You may not request or borrow equipment in person. We will check out the booked equipment and have it ready for you to pick up at a time you specify in the form.
All equipment can be booked in advance by students, faculty, and staff. To book equipment online, fill out the Equipment Booking form. To adjust or cancel a booking, please contact the Davis Family Library Circulation Desk at (802) 443-5494 or email email@example.com.
Equipment Borrowing Agreement
By borrowing Middlebury College Library equipment, I agree to sole responsibility for the following:
- at check-out, confirm the length of the loan period, and that all equipment accessories are accounted for
- returning equipment by the due date/time
- returning equipment directly to the library it was borrowed from
- returning equipment directly to a staff member at the Circulation Desk
- replacement or repair of damaged, lost, or stolen equipment
- return of equipment with all accessories accounted for
- responsible use of equipment.
- All personal files, images, and software will be deleted upon return and will not be recoverable.
- Faculty/staff laptops require log on while on campus prior to off-campus use.
- The Library and Middlebury College disclaim all warranties, including all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Neither the Library nor Middlebury College shall be liable to a user or any other person for any loss or damage of any kind related to configuration and operation of any equipment, including but not limited to, out-of-pocket expenses, consequential damages, inconvenience, loss of data, loss of profits, loss of use, emotional stress, physical injury, or damage to software or hardware.
- Failure to follow this agreement may result in the loss of equipment borrowing privileges.
During this first phase of re-opening, we will be circulating a very small pool of equipment that can be easily disinfected after use.
- Faculty/staff laptops (Dell and Mac)
- Faculty/staff iPads
- Student laptops (Dell and Mac) For use only when your personal laptop is being repaired, limited to a two-week loan. Student laptops will not be available for borrowing while studying in the library.
- USB DVD drives
- LCD projectors
- Bluetooth speakers
- Popular items including chargers and headphones are not being circulated.
- Any dongles or adapters will need to be purchased on your own. We are not loaning out these items.