The library offers electronic course materials to support instruction and research.
Library Reserves 2020-2021
Please note that all reserves for Fall 2020 and Winter and Spring 2021 will be online only.
Access Library Reserves Online
E-books and e-media can be found on reserve for courses. To access these materials:
- Go to Reserves link in MIDCAT
- Type instructor’s last name
- Click appropriate course
- Locate e-material by title, and click title for access
- E-books will have “[electronic resource]” in title field and “E-book” in call number field
- E-media (i.e. Kanopy films) will have “Online” in call number field
- Please note that while many e-materials allow for concurrent use, some only allow one user at a time
- For more information about e-books, please access “E-books and Audiobooks” LibGuide
Some media items may be available via Panopto; students can log into the Course Hub to access these materials.
Finally, ERes provides a secure platform for students to access PDFs and links to copyrighted course material (book chapters, journal articles).
Please Note: ERes should be viewed with the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox or Safari (not Internet Explorer).
Use the “Put on course reserve” link in MIDCAT (see image below) to:
- Request that e-books and e-media (already owned by the library) are placed on reserve. (Quick tip: in MIDCAT, filter your search by “E-books & online resources.”)
- Request that portions of a print book are scanned and emailed to you (as copyright and staffing allow)
- Request the purchase of an e-book for an item we already own in print (dependent on availability and budget)
For streaming media requests, please use the Media Services streaming request form.
Finally, for brand-new purchase requests please use the Suggest a Library Purchase form.
To place material on ERes
Faculty may submit PDFs and citations to online readings for ERes. We can also reactivate ERes materials that were used in the past.
- To submit PDFs: Email firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure the complete bibliographic information is included.
- To submit articles available electronically: Email the request with complete bibliographic information to email@example.com. We will link the article directly to your ERes page.
- To reactivate materials previously on ERes: There is no need to re-submit photocopies or citations; we will use the PDFs or links previously created. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reactivate your materials.
Manage Your Own ERes Page
Contact email@example.com to set up an ERes administrator account. Administrative privileges allow you to view previous ERes pages, restore old documents to current pages, add new documents and links, and create folders to organize your pages.