With the move to online instruction, the library offers electronic course materials to support instruction and research.
“Physical” Reserves now available online
Some “physical” reserves such as books and DVDs can now be found online as e-books and e-media. To access these materials:
- Go to Reserves link in MIDCAT
- Type instructor’s last name
- Click appropriate course
- Locate e-material by title, and click title for access
- E-books will have “[electronic resource]” in title field and “E-book” in call number field
- E-media (i.e. Kanopy films) will have “Online” in call number field
- Please note that while many e-materials allow for concurrent use, some only allow one user at a time
- For more information about e-books, please access “E-books and Audiobooks” LibGuide
Some media items that were previously on physical reserve are now available via Panopto; students can log into the Course Hub to access these materials.
Electronic Reserves (ERes) still available online
ERes provides a secure platform for students to access PDFs and links to copyrighted course material (book chapters, journal articles).
PLEASE NOTE: ERes should be viewed with the following browsers: Firefox or Safari (not Chrome or Internet Explorer).
To request e-books or e-media
Faculty who need an e-version of a print (i.e. physical) book can use the Suggest a Library Purchase Form
Faculty who need online access to a film or video should place a Video Streaming Request
To place material on ERes
Faculty may submit PDFs and citations to online readings for ERes. We can also reactivate ERes materials that were used in the past.
- To submit PDFs: Email firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure the complete bibliographic information is included.
- To submit articles available electronically: Email the request with complete bibliographic information to email@example.com. We will link the article directly to your ERes page.
- To reactivate materials previously on ERes: There is no need to re-submit photocopies or citations; we will use the PDFs or links previously created. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reactivate your materials.
Manage Your Own ERes Page
Contact email@example.com to set up an ERes administrator account. Administrative privileges allow you to view previous ERes pages, restore old documents to current pages, add new documents and links, and create folders to organize your pages.