Items from the Middlebury College Libraries’ collections can be requested for pick up as part of our paging service. This service is only available to during the Summer Programs.
Please note that paging excludes loaner equipment such as cords, cameras, etc. A list of circulating equipment is available to review.
In order to request physical materials (books, DVDs, CDs, etc.) from the library, please follow these steps:
1) Go to MIDCAT
- If you’re using the mobile MIDCAT view from a device, please choose “Main Site” from the main MIDCAT page in order to place requests.
2) Search for the item you want to request
- If the item you want to access has a due date, it means it is checked out. We recommend that you request another copy of the item via Interlibrary Loan request.
3) Click either the “Request this item” button on the left hand side of a list of results
OR the “Request” button above the record
4) Enter your Middlebury College username and password
5) Select your pickup location
6) Enter any relevant notes that you want library staff to know
Once you have submitted your request:
- You will get an email when the item is available for pickup (usually within 48 hours)
- Come to the circulation desk of the library you selected for pickup (it will also be specified in the email) and present your ID
Information about due dates and returning materials to the library can be found on our borrowing page (go/borrowing/)
For questions or more information, please contact Library Borrowing:
Phone: (802) 443-5494