Scheduling an Appointment
Scheduled appointments with Sports Medicine are only for varsity athletes, and students on a active rugby or crew roster.
Appointments are scheduled from 10 a.m.–2:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and each appointment slot is 30 minutes. After 3 p.m., our staff’s time is reserved for in-season athletes.
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment, please contact the athletic trainer associated with your sports team. If you are not sure who to contact, see our Sports Medicine profiles, where sports team affiliations are listed, as well as contact information.
Please note: Athletes must have all their completed Sports Medicine forms in the Student Health Portal before they are eligible for services.
First-year and first-time athletes on a roster are allowed to make appointments with Sports Medicine one month before the start of their season. Winter sports athletes are eligible after October 1, and spring sports athletes are eligible after January 15.
If you need to make an appointment for a concussion test, please call us at (802) 443-3636. If you need to change or cancel your appointment time please contact the specific provider you signed up with.
UVM Health Network Porter Rehabilitative Services provides physical therapy in the athletic training room for eligible athletes. They bill your insurance for services.
Eligible athletes include the following:
- Current athletes that have a season-ending injury.
- Returning athletes with need of postsurgical physical therapy with a doctor’s physical therapy prescription.
- Returning out-of-season athletes that need physical therapy as referred by an athletic trainer or with a doctor’s physical therapy prescription, as approved by Sports Medicine.
Those not eligible include the following:
- First-time athletes on a roster that is not in season, or winter or spring athletes that are not eligible for access to Sports Medicine until one month before their season starts.
- Anyone not on a current roster eligible for Sports Medicine services as outlined above.