- Middlebury, VT
- Contact Name
- Chris Donner
- EastView At Middlebury
- Contact Phone
- (802) 989-7500
- Contact Email
- $15+ per hour, depending on experience
- Work Study
Would you like to be an integral part of a dynamic dining services team that provides top quality culinary products and service and actually get to know some of the customers you serve? If so, we want you to consider joining our team.
Our Cooks offer excellent support for the entire culinary team by employing formal culinary training and years of relevant experience to enhance EastView’s daily dining services. This position requires a wide array of professional culinary skills and a flexible, team player mindset. Responsibilities on any given day may include the preparation, cooking, and timely coordination of meals for EastView residents. Menu items are prepared through the use of standardized recipes, equipment, and production methods that ensure quality food production throughout the facility.
We currently have per-diem / on-call positions available for the following shifts:
Shift Days and Schedules:
- We have serving shifts every day of the week, 365 days a year.
- We offer very flexible working schedules that can be tailored to individual availability and needs.
- Monday through Friday shift schedules are generally 6:30am to 2:30pm or 7am to 3:30pm.
- Weekend shifts are generally Saturday and Sunday 12pm to 8pm and 4pm to 8pm
- and Sunday 10:30am to 8pm.
- Occasional holiday shifts may be required.
Cooks report to the Chef / Dining Services Director.
- Produces menu items in a manner that is consistent with EastView quality standards in terms of ingredients, preparation method, presentation and temperature;
- plate items according to the appropriate quantities specified by our menu or according to special directives;
- Proactively identifies poor quality production and seeks assistance from Chefs as necessary;
- Utilizes food prep lists to prepare menu items from scratch;
- Ensures that all food preparation is consistently performed in compliance with established department standards for serving size, recipe instruction, and appropriate garnishment;
- Ensures that cooking time for all menu items is coordinated in order to allow for consistent delivery;
- Minimum of three years’ experience in high quality, high volume restaurant, hotel, or residential community food service setting as Lead Cook or Assistant Cook required;
- Ability to read, edit, and convert recipes from computer and paper files;
- Skilled in use of all standard industrial cooking equipment and proper knife skills required;
- Knowledge of workflow and kitchen practices in high quality, high volume restaurants or hotels required;
- Must be ServSafe Certified or willing and able to obtain certification;
- High level of reliability, follow-through, discretion and integrity required;
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and sometime intense work environment;
- Must be an energetic and enthusiastic collaborative team player;
- U.S. citizenship or a current, valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
Go to https://eastviewmiddlebury.com/join-our-team/ for full position descriptions and to apply on-line today!