All vehicles must be registered with Middlebury College and display a valid permit.

Register your Vehicle

Permit Information

Academic Year 2022-2023 parking permits are now available for purchase. 

Fall Term 2022 - J-Term 2023 Permits cost $65.00.

Full year permits, which are valid from August 2022 to May 31, 2023, cost $115.00. 

If you have unpaid parking violations, the system will not allow you to register your vehicle and purchase a permit.  Please allow 48 hours after payment of violations before accessing the parking portal to register your vehicle and purchase a permit. 

If you have difficulties logging into the parking portal or registering your vehicle, contact  Please provide a screen shot of the error message along with the type of device and browser that you are using to log in.   



Permit Guidelines

  • Temporary parking is permitted for a total of 4 days in the track lot without a parking permit at the start of the semester. 
  • Parking permits are not transferable to any other person or to any other vehicle. Permits cannot be resold. No person may register a vehicle in their name if the vehicle belongs to any other student, faculty or staff member.
  • Students are not allowed to regularly use vehicles registered to Middlebury College employees without registering the vehicle as a student vehicle and paying the appropriate fee.

  • If you have outstanding parking violations from previous years, the system will not allow you to register/purchase a permit until payment has been received. 
  • Any person giving false information in the registration process will be referred to the Office of Community Standards for appropriate disciplinary action. Parking privileges will also be revoked.  
  • All permits will be sent to the mailing address provided at the time of purchase. Use your College mailing address in the purchase process. Permits are not available at the Public Safety office.
  • Any vehicle with an altered parking permit is in violation of the College policy.  The student to whom the vehicle is registered is subject to being fined, towed and/or booted, as well as College discipline. 
  • If a person changes vehicles, the new vehicle must be registered.
  • Registrations are no longer valid when a person is no longer a student or employee of the College. 
  • Any person whose registration status changes (student living in residential housing move to off campus housing, student who moves from small outer house housing to off campus housing, etc.) can obtain a new decal by contacting  Failure to obtain the new decal may result in a ticket and fine.

Placement of Parking Permit

  • The permit must be placed in the rear window directly behind the driver’s seat. 
  • If the permit is improperly placed or not displayed in the vehicle window, the owner of the vehicle is in violation of the parking policy.

Temporary Permits    

  • 30 day permit - cost $60.00
  • 20 day permit - cost $40.00
  • 10 day permit - cost $20.00
  • 4 day permit - cost $8.00. 
  • Temporary permits allow parking only in Student lots.

Commuter (T) Permits

  • All commuter students must purchase a class year permit.
  • Commuter permits are not issued until the Housing Office has received your off-campus housing information. 
  • Commuter permits are issued only to students living a significant distance from campus. 
  • If you are found to be eligible for a commuter permit, it will be issued at no additional cost. 

Transferring Permit Privileges

Occasionally a student will need to swap a car and request the transfer of their parking privileges.

  • Students may have only one vehicle on campus at a time, and all vehicles must have a valid permit.
  • Contact to discuss the process for a permit transfer.

ADA placards and Medical Permits

State Issued Accessible Parking Placard or Plate

Middlebury College recognizes any state issued accessible placard or license plate. Students, faculty and staff with an accessible placard or license plate must obtain a College parking permit in order to park in any spaces on campus. Vehicles displaying a valid placard or plate and a College parking permit may park in the accessible spaces or in any other parking space on campus.

Students must renew the College parking permit annually. For assistance with renewing the student permit, contact

Vermont Accessible Parking Placard or Plate

Medical Permits and Accessibility Parking Accommodations

Students with special parking needs, due to a temporary mobility or medical issue, may contact the Parton Center for Health and Wellness to request a medical parking permit. The staff at Parton will complete an online form requesting the medical permit from the Department of Public Safety (DPS).

For students needing ADA accessible parking, contact the Disability Resource Center (DRC). Upon approval, the DRC will submit an online form to DPS. The DRC will notify the student by email and provide instructions on how to obtain the special permit from DPS. 

Faculty or staff with special parking needs, due to temporary mobility or medical issues, should contact Human Resources. Human Resources will notify the individual by email of the request and will provide instructions on how to obtain the special permit from DPS.

Medical and ADA permit form

Department of Public Safety
125 South Main St.
Middlebury, VT 05753