If you have borrowed from the Federal Direct Loan and/or Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan programs and you are graduating, on a leave of absence, or enrolled less than half-time, federal regulations require you to complete loan exit counseling.

Complete Exit Counseling

You may Complete Student Loan Exit Counseling online at Federal Student Aid. 

  • Log in with your FSA ID. 
  • You will need to provide updated contact information, information regarding next of kin, and two separate personal references. 
  • Middlebury will be notified electronically when you complete the process.

If you have borrowed Middlebury College Loans, you must complete a separate exit counseling by visiting ECSI.


Federal Student Aid Ombudsman Group

If you are in dispute about your federal student loan, contact the Federal Student Aid Ombudsman Group as a last resort.

The Ombudsman Group is dedicated to helping resolve disputes related to Direct Loans, Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) Program loans, Guaranteed Student Loans, and Perkins Loans.