Information for New Faculty
The New Faculty Handbook contains answers to many of your questions.
You may also consult this page: Frequently Asked Questions
Please be aware of these important academic dates and deadlines.
In addition, there is information about the Middlebury community at Living and Working in Middlebury
But, first things first. Now that you've signed the contract ...
You will be receiving mail from several offices at Middlebury; please keep the dean of the faculty's office notified of any address changes.
You may receive your ID card 2 days after the completion of your I-9 and W-4 forms with Human Resources. This can be up to 45 days prior to the start of your term and can be done by mail. ID cards are available at the Office of Public Safety. You may register your vehicle at this time and obtain a parking sticker.
Once you arrive on campus ...
- Make an appointment with Human Resources to sign employment papers, if you have not already done so by mail.
- After two working days, you can go to the Office of Public Safety to obtain your ID and register your vehicle.
- Set up your office; should you need extra furniture, call Thad Stowe (x5457).
- If your computer has not arrived or is having problems, call the Computing Helpdesk (x2200).
- Attend orientation sessions (a schedule will be sent to you).
- Relax and enjoy summer in Vermont!
We recognize that many new faculty have small children. There are several options for childcare in the Middlebury area. Be aware that there may be a wait for slots. It is advisable to call early.
For other questions not covered here, contact Andrea Lloyd, Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the Faculty (802.443.5735), or by email.