Moving Allowance

New faculty are given a specified amount of money to subsidize certain moving expenses incurred during their transition to Middlebury. Guidelines for the appropriate use of the funds should be observed. For questions, please contact Lexie Carlson, Financial Operations Analyst at (802) 443-5130 or

To be reimbursed for allowable moving expenses, submit an expense report (along with scans of original receipts) on Oracle. Help for using Oracle can be found on this page

Note: Moving Allowance costs are considered a benefit and are taxable income per the IRS. Amount used will be included in the employee's taxable income for Federal, FICA and State withholding purposes and they will be taxed accordingly.

Academic Administration
Old Chapel
Middlebury College
Middlebury, VT 05753