Aboard the 361-foot Avalon Felicity, cruise the ancient trade route along the scenic shores of Germany and France, dotted with small villages and historic towns like Strasbourg, Heidelberg, Cologne, and Amsterdam. Enjoy guided sightseeing in Strasbourg, Koblenz, and Heidelberg. Visit La Petite France district and the Gothic cathedral in Strasbourg, the Gutenberg Museum in Mainz, and Siegfried's Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum in Rudesheim. Admire Cologne's "Kölner Dom," Germany's most renowned cathedral whose Gothic architecture took longer than 600 years to construct, and see legendary Lorelei rock along the canals of Amsterdam. With on-board lectures, activities, and entertainment, the fun is only just beginning as you set sail.
Day 1-2: En Route from U.S./Arrive in Amsterdam, Netherlands (Embarkation)
Day 3: Amsterdam
Day 4: Cologne, Germany
Day 5: Koblenz/Rhine Gorge/Rüdesheim
Day 6: Mainz/Heidelberg
Day 7: Strasbourg, France
Day 8: Breisach, Germany/Black Forest
Day 9: Basel, Switzerland (Disembarkation)/Depart Zürich
Optional Extension: Days 9-11 in Lucerne
- A seven-night cruise aboard the Avalon Felicity
- Full guiding services of a dedicated Orbridge Travel Director as well as expert local guides
- On-board lectures, activities, and nightly entertainment
- Guided sightseeing in Strasbourg, Koblenz, and Heidelberg
- Special Orbridge-included excursion to the Rijksmuseum and through the Alsace countryside, accompanied by local experts
- Visits to La Petite France district and the Gothic cathedral in Strasbourg, the Gutenberg Museum in Mainz, and Siegfried’s Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum in Rudesheim
- Seven breakfasts, six lunches, and seven dinners served with wine and beer—including a welcome banquet and farewell dinner
- All port charges, excursion transportation, entrance fees to included sites, and gratuities to ship crew, cruise director, local guides, drivers, and porters
- Airport transfers for guests arriving and departing on suggested flights
Enjoy the intimate setting of the 138-passenger Avalon Felicity; its well-appointed staterooms featuring a minimum of 172-square feet of space are the largest of the European rivers today. Lounge atop the spacious Sky Deck, relax in the whirlpool, or wind down with a workout in the fitness center.
(Per person, based on double occupancy)
Starting from $2,995
Lucerne Extension $1,995
Please email the Alumni Office at email@example.com if you would like to receive a brochure and registration form.