Grants (General Financial Aid)
To be considered for a grant, you must have submitted a complete application to one of the ten Language Schools. Do not wait for an admissions decision from the Language Schools to submit your financial aid application. You should apply for financial aid as soon as possible after November 1st, but please note that your financial information will not be reviewed until you have been accepted by one of the Language Schools.
You must also have submitted a Language Schools Financial Aid Application, including all other requested documentation. All financial aid is based on financial need, as determined by Student Financial Services.
Some facts to consider about financial aid:
- It is important that you submit your complete financial aid application as soon as possible, because our funds are limited and do run out.
- You do not need to be enrolled in a Middlebury College degree program to qualify for a grant.
- All Language Schools students are eligible to apply.
- All Middlebury financial aid is awarded in the form of grants. Private loans are available for students in non-degree programs.
- Summer Language Schools students at all levels and Middlebury MA or DML candidates enrolled at one of Middlebury's Schools Abroad are eligible to receive grants.
- Visiting U.S. and Canadian students should complete the Language School Financial Aid Application (visit Financial Aid Web page to access).
- Middlebury undergraduates should complete the Summer Aid Request form (visit Financial Aid Web page to access).
- International Students should complete the Middlebury International Financial Aid Application (visit Financial Aid Web page to access).
Middlebury offers a number of merit-based fellowships and scholarships for the summer Language Schools. Please refer to the links on the right-hand side of this page.
To be considered for a fellowship you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have a complete application submitted to one of the ten Language Schools.
- You must meet all additional application requirements (these vary by School; refer to the individual application instructions).