Middlebury Schools Abroad

International Programs &
Off-campus Study Photo Contest

See more student photos »

Scholarships for Study Abroad

The Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship provides awards for study abroad, for US citizens who are receiving a Federal Pell Grant at the time of application.  More information: http://www.iie.org/en/Programs/Gilman-Scholarship-Program.

Boren Scholarships are available for students studying less commonly taught languages and area/international studies.  See http://borenawards.org/boren_scholarship for more information.  NOTE: The Middlebury deadline for Boren Scholarship applications will be in January 2015 (check back for exact date). Contact Stacey Thebodo with any questions.

The Fund for Education Abroad Scholarships are offered up to $5,000 per semester and are not limited to specific programs, destinations, or fields of study.  FEA awards funds to students planning to study abroad on academically rigorous programs with a strong preference for underrepresented students.  More information: http://www.fundforeducationabroad.org/applicants/  

The Fund for Education Abroad BASAA Scholarship is dedicated to increasing access for underrepresented students in study abroad. This scholarship (up to $5,000) will be awarded to a deserving student who attends a US university/college located in Massachusetts, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island or Connecticut. More information: www.fundforeducationabroad.org

The Fund for Education Abroad Rainbow Scholarship is awarded to a deserving LGBTQ student who aims to participate in an education abroad program. More information: http://www.fundforeducationabroad.org/applicants/

BUTEX (British Universities Transatlantic Exchange Association) often offers one or two scholarships (£500 each) for Study Abroad and Exchange students from Canada and the United States who are attending BUTEX member institutions.  
More information:  http://www.butex.ac.uk/scholarships/are-you-eligible/

Association of Teachers of Japanese: Bridging Scholarships for Study Abroad in Japan:  a professional association which offers resources for studying Japan, including undergraduate scholarships.  More information: http://www.aatj.org/studyabroad/scholarships

The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) has an undergraduate scholarship program offering funding to study, do research and/or internships in Germany.  More information: http://www.daad.org/?p=undergrad

Funding for Internships/Research Abroad: CCI at Middlebury maintains a searchable funding database for internships and fellowships at go.middlebury.edu/funding.