Weekly Web Updates - March 29, 2021
| by Adam Franco, Pooja Gunturu, and Ian McBride
We launched a new website for Student Financial Services.
Editors in our Drupal 8 sites can now make a copy of content using the new “Copy” link under “Edit Page” in the admin toolbar. You can use this to save a template of a common Story as a Draft and then make a copy of it each time you want to publish a new version, or duplicate an existing page to a new part of the site.
- WordPress members plugin 3.1.5
- WordPress nextgen-gallery plugin 3.9.0
- WordPress duplicate-post plugin 4.1.2
Fixes and Tweaks
- When a link appears inside a header on our new Drupal 8 sites the link text will have the same boldness as the header text.
- The Embed component in Drupal 8 has radio buttons that let you choose whether to specify width and height using “px” or “%”. This makes it easier to specify that you want an embed to take up “100%” of the width of the content column on the page and have it resize based on the user’s display size.
- Newsrooms in Drupal 8 now have a meta tags field.
- Fixed an issue where the type of telephone number was displayed twice on the Offices and Services homepage.
- We updated the Directory photo upload process to write new images directly to our new photo storage database. In the process of doing this a change prevented people who have access to view all Directory photos from being able to see approved images and we have now fixed this issue.
- GO shortcuts which admins have decided to hide from the GOtionary no longer have publicly visible info pages, though these can be seen by anyone with a Middlebury account if they log in.
- The legacy MiddMedia system now runs under HTTPS.
Information Technology Services
Davis Family Library 202
Middlebury, VT 05753