A benefit of your Student (F-1) or Exchange Visitor (J-1) visa status is the eligibility to seek employment, both on- and off-campus.

It is relatively easy to start working on campus as you, most likely, will be eligible as soon as you check-in with ISSS. There are three types of employment options for students in F-1 status and two for exchange visitors in J-1 status. Use the links to the left to learn more about the employment options and the specific details of each.

Be sure to review the Employment Authorization Forms and Resources

Learn More

International students who want to learn more about searching for employment and working in the U.S. may want to review the resources below. We encourage students to utilize resources available in the Center for Careers and Internships (CCI) in Vermont and the Center for Advising and Career Services (CACS) in Monterey as you prepare to pursue internships, post-graduation employment, and other opportunities.

Updated on 10/04/2022

Find the latest travel updates and other information.

News and Events

Meet the team and let us know how we can help.

Contact Us