See below for details about particular types of service requests and billing information.
Placing a Service Request
- To initiate a service request, please use our online form.
- Your service request becomes a numbered work order and is then forwarded to the appropriate trade, or to a manager who can approve the request.
- Service requests are prioritized according to relevance to the academic mission and/or necessity for primary maintenance of campus facilities.
- Response time vary dependent upon the complexity of the service required, and availability of materials and labor. If your requests is dependent on a particular deadline or schedule constraint, please provide those details with your request.
- Emergency work will be completed same-day whenever possible, i.e., power failure, safety hazard, potential damage to facility or equipment.
Please do not ask the trades person responding to your service request to perform tasks that were not included in your original request. Instead, please submit another service request to schedule additional work.
Departments must pay for services that are not related to the maintenance of the building, such as the repair or purchase of departmental equipment. All usual and customary maintenance is budgeted by Facilities Services.
Call 443-5472 for all cleaning concerns, including carpet, upholstery, and interior window cleaning. The custodial staff is also trained to deal with potential blood borne pathogen exposures.
Facilities Services will make on-campus package deliveries for faculty and staff upon request. Please note: individual packages should not exceed 50 lbs. Same day requests are difficult to honor, so please allow 24 hours notice. Regular mail and inter campus envelopes should be placed in your department’s outgoing campus mail box for processing by the Student Mail Center.
Requirements for event set-ups should be given to the Department of Event Management at 443-2885 when reserving a facility for an event.
Department heads or Administrative Assistants should request keys for staff members. Please allow 48 hours for completion. In September, key requests may require a week to complete.
Departing employees should return their keys to Facilities Services. Keys may only be passed directly to new employees by sending written notification to the Facilities Service customer service desk at the Service Building. Notification must include the following:
- Key # (bottom)
- ID # (upper right) of each key
- Name of current/future employees
- ID # of current/future employees
Name plates for desks or doors should be requested in writing. Please specify brown, black, or wood-grain. Requests for the start of the fall semester are handled as part of the annual office moves process.
Faculty and Staff office moves should be coordinated by your administrative assistant. Please Note: Contents of file cabinets and most office contents must be boxed prior to your move date. Used boxes can be obtained from the recycling facility (call x3087 for availability). New boxes can be obtained through your move coordinator.
Space Heaters and Air Conditioners
Use of personal space heaters is prohibited. Facilities Services will issue space heaters only in case of a heating system failure. Air conditioners are authorized only when in compliance with the Thermal Comfort Policy in the College Handbook.