Middlebury in DC Summer Internship
Our summer internship programs are designed for current students to get hands-on experience and develop their professional skill set.
Under the general guidance of the Director of Middlebury in DC, interns perform certain administrative duties, mainly pertaining to event management and logistical support for events held in the office and organized by Middlebury College, Middlebury Institute of International Studies, and the James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies (CNS) staff.
Interns also conduct research and write timely analyses and other publications related to CNS, the country’s largest organization dedicated to education and analysis on limiting the spread of weapons of mass destruction.
Implement course and event logistics
- A/V support – including operation of videoconferencing equipment
- Assist Director of Middlebury in DC with program/event promotion and publicity
- Conduct research on the nonproliferation of nuclear, biological, and/or chemical weapons and related delivery system issues
- Assist in completing and developing reports on grants and contracts for funders, foundations, and others as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong research and report writing skills
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skillsAbility to plan and coordinate events
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Willingness and ability to adapt to changing technologies and systems
- Willingness and ability to comply with Institute policies, procedures, and mandates
- Applicants must be a B.A. degree-seeking Middlebury College student.
- If you are offered and accept this internship, please be aware that your funding for this position is provided by CCI, and therefore you will be required to complete funded internship paperwork, including a funding agreement, assumption of risk and code of conduct form, evaluations during and after the internship, a donor thank you note, and submission of photos. Seniors graduating in 2020 are not eligible.
- The internship is full time and lasts eight weeks, beginning in the summer.
Please include a resume, cover letter and a writing sample, and two references (no letters).