As a School of the Environment student, you are eligible to apply for need-based financial aid, merit aid, and scholarship funding to help pay for tuition and fees.
Whether you’re a Middlebury College student, or a non-Middlebury student, you are eligible to apply for aid. The application requirements for need-based aid are below. For more information and to apply for merit aid and scholarships, refer to our main School of the Environment site.
Funds are limited, so you’re encouraged to apply early. The financial aid application for the upcoming session is generally available beginning in mid-October. The first round deadline for merit aid and scholarships from School of the Environment is January 15th, so it’s best to have your completed admissions application with all supporting documents submitted by that date for consideration. You will be notified of merit and scholarship awards by email in February and March. Financial aid awarding for need-based funds will start in April 2022 and continue on a rolling basis throughout the spring until funds are depleted.
Do not wait for your admissions decision to submit your financial aid application. To be considered for need-based financial aid from Middlebury you must:
- Be accepted to School of the Environment.
- Complete a Middlebury Bread Loaf Financial Aid Application.
- Middlebury College current undergraduate students should complete the Undergraduate Summer Financial Aid Request Form.
- U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents and Canadian citizens should complete the Middlebury Summer Programs Financial Aid Application.
- International students should complete the Middlebury International Student Financial Aid Application.
There are specific deadlines for School of the Environment merit aid and scholarships. Refer to the individual scholarship application instructions for details. The School of the Environment Financial Aid Application becomes available in mid-October. There is no deadline but funds are limited and do run out so students are encouraged to apply early.
Awarding for Summer 2022
Financial aid awarding will start in April 2022 and continue on a rolling basis throughout the spring until funds are depleted. Need-based aid is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, based on the later of one of these two dates, as follows:
- The date your application was entered by the Office of Student Financial Services.
- The date you were accepted into the program.
Please be aware, due to the high volume of applications received, it may be several weeks between when you submit the application and when it is entered into our system.