All of Staff Council wish you a wonderful break this holiday season. Thank you for making Middlebury a great place to work in 2022 and for all your holiday community contributions.
Current Middlebury Staff Council (MSC) Projects
- Communications Committee - Continued to work on website additions and updates. On the list: adding the archived minutes from the old website and blog, creating a form to submit questions, nominations, and committee requests, and adding term info to our staff council list.
- Compensation Committee – Provided HR feedback on flex work issues to inform the Leadership Alliance meeting on the topic, reviewed the HR November update and related open meeting questions for 12/5, and working on an issues and suggestions list to provide HR on the new compensation program.
- Events - Held two successful Cans for Cups events, organized childcare for the Vermont Holiday Party, and co-sponsored the Gingerbread House Competition.
- HR6 Committee - Hosted a meeting with the current Ombuds cohort in November to understand the program’s current state. Staff Council representatives joined two additional meetings hosted by Human Resources and the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (OIDEI) with Ombuds to scope the future of the program and make plans for training and building a community of practice.
- Friday, 12/16 - (VT) Build a Gingerbread House Competition in Wilson Hall. Drop off your completed house between 9 AM and 12 PM to McCullough for various prizes. Judging will begin at 12 PM. Build kits are available from HR or make your own! Co-sponsored by HR and MSC.
- Saturday, 12/17 - (VT) Employee and Family Ice Skating in Kenyon Arena from 10 AM – 3 PM. Open skating with hot chocolate and snacks (no sticks or pucks). Limited assortment of skates available for use. Sponsored by HR.
- Saturday, 12/17 - (CA) Winter Commencement Ceremony at 1 PM at the Irvine Auditorium. Thank you staff for making graduation so memorable.
- Friday, 12/23 (12 AM) - Monday, 1/2 (11:59 PM) - December Break!
- 12/5 Staff Council and Senior Leadership Group Open Meeting – Thank you to the hundreds of staff who attended and for submitting questions. The recording and text of answered questions are available. If you submitted a question and don’t see an answer, we are gathering them by topic to address. See more info.
- 12/6 Leadership Alliance Update – Staff Council is working regularly with Caitlin Goss to provide a fuller staff voice on each current Leadership Alliance meeting topic. We will also be distributing the summary (tear) sheets to ensure all staff have timely access to the information. See the 12/6 Tear Sheet (job descriptions, Ways and Means, flex work).
- The next open meeting will be Wednesday, January 18, 2023 at 2 PM ET/ 11 AM PT. See the MSC Calendar for additional dates.
Welcome to new staff.
Find your district and the Staff Council Representatives list at go.middlebury.edu/staffcouncil.
Please print and post this for employees as needed.