Middlebury College Classics Learning Goals
A major in the Classics department should graduate with:
- The ability to read at least one Classical language (Greek or Latin).
- Strong close reading skills.
- Strong analytic writing skills.
- The ability to discuss the major works and ideas of Classical texts.
- The ability to conduct basic research necessary for the study of the Classical world.
- The ability to pursue a career in teaching Latin and/or Greek at the secondary school level.
- The ability to pursue graduate work in Classics.