Opportunities in French
Internships in France
If you are an American citizen between the ages of 20 and 30 with a proficiency in French and an interest in education, then the Teaching Assistant Program in France is for you!
· Spend 7-9 months in France with a stipend
· Master the French language through linguistic immersion
· Acquire valuable teaching experience
· Gain privileged insights into contemporary France
For more information, please visit the website
The application for the 2010-2011 academic year is available online at https://www.tapif.org
Grant for travel to France
Each year the French Cultural Services in the United States offer 50 Youth International Meetings grants to young French-speaking Americans that allow them to discover a region of France and to attend a major cultural event. All expenses (accomodation, meals, activities) are covered by the French Embassy, including the roundtrip airfare to Paris.
This year, applicants from New England (less Connecticut) will have the possibility to travel to Avignon during the town's world renowned theater festival.
Who can participate?
Participants must be between 18 and 25 years old at the time of entry into France. Participants must have an interest in French culture and proficiency in French.
With French, you can:
- communicate with French speakers around the world: French is an official language in 32 countries and governments and is spoken by over 200 million people.
- find careers in many areas, including banking and finance, tourism, international trade.
- appreciate French and francophone culture and its impact on literature, philosophy, cuisine, fashion, and the arts.