Your opportunity to learn the most advanced pedagogy in teaching Hebrew language and culture.
For 100 years, Middlebury College's Language Schools have set the standard for rigorous and transformative foreign language study. Since 2008, Middlebury's School of Hebrew has combined distinctive immersion methodology with a unique and proven pedagogical approach. The School of Hebrew will now allow teachers of Hebrew as a second language to advance in their own teaching and to professionalize their field.
Starting in Summer 2014, prospective and active teachers of Hebrew can combine cultural immersion with superb pedagogical training. Two tracks allow MA students to study for four summers at Middlebury's Vermont campus or to accelerate their training in two summers at Middlebury and two low-residency academic years.
Learners of Hebrew range from children to older adults, from scholars in multiple disciplines (religion, political science, Middle East studies, linguistics, etc.) to those needing Hebrew for NGO work. No matter the educational framework, the Middlebury Master of Arts in teaching Hebrew as a Second Language will give educators the skills to support learners in becoming proficient in Hebrew.
The Middlebury School of Hebrew Masters Program offers:
- Middlebury's legendary in-language instruction and cultural immersion at its Vermont campus
- Unique, proven pedagogy for teachers of Hebrew
- Two tracks to accommodate different timing and financial needs
- Financial aid
- Teaching practicums at different educational levels (elementary/post-secondary; pre-school/elementary; formal/informal education)
- A prestigious Masters of Arts from Middlebury's Language Schools.
For more information about the program, please contact the School of Hebrew at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802.443.3570.