On-Campus Employment

On-campus employment opportunities can be found through the Middlebury Careers Page. Only current Middlebury College undergraduate students are eligible for student positions.

Students MUST complete the federally mandated I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification form and a W-4 federal tax withholding form via electronic invitation—see Working on Campus for more details. These documents are emailed to employees after SEO receives a Hiring Proposal from a supervisor.

Once the required paperwork has been completed the student is eligible to work on campus. Students must complete these documents within three days of beginning employment!

Federal Work Study

Students may be awarded Federal Work Study as part of their financial aid.

Student Financial Services determines a student’s eligibility and may award it as part of a student’s aid package. Please contact sfs@middlebury.edu with specific financial aid questions.

Any student awarded Federal Work Study or a College Job is eligible to work on campus. We do not guarantee employment regardless of financial aid status.

Off Campus Work Study

Students that are awarded Federal Work Study are also eligible to work off campus. Students that are hired by an off-campus work study agency must obtain an authorization form from Student Financial Services. This form must be completed by the agency and returned to Student Financial Services before the work may begin.  Approved agencies are listed at this link- Federal Work Study Off Campus Partners.