This week we updated our older www.middlebury.edu site now uses the encrypted HTTPS protocol for all browsing. We had held off on this change for a number of years because users had embedded images and videos in the site with absolute http:// URLs, which would break with that change to force encryption. With much content moved off to new native-HTTPS pages, some helpful instructions to browsers, and a lot of testing we were able to make this change without significant impacts to content visibility.
- Drupal file_entity 7.x-2.33
- Drupal purge 8.x-3.1 and 8.x-3.2
- WordPress 5.8.2
- WordPress auto-post-thumbnail plugin 3.9.3
- WordPress enable-media-replace plugin 3.6.2
- WordPress wysija-newsletters plugin 2.17
- WordPress ml-slider plugin 3.23.2
- WordPress seriously-simple-podcasting plugin 2.9.6
- WordPress sydney-toolbox plugin 1.18
- WordPress wp-accessibility plugin 1.7.10
- WordPress hueman theme 3.7.18
Fixes and Tweaks
- The Events site now clears the page number when choosing a new date in the date-picker, preventing user confusion.
- The Events site now automatically updates category, location, and organization names when they are updated in 25Live and are associated with upcoming events.
- Improved the user experience of scrolling through sections of the new Middlebury Handbook site.
- Images from stories on our new Drupal 9 sites are now included as enclosures in tag page RSS feeds.
- Added a special footer for our new undergraduate academic department sites which will be editable by department coordinators with a contextual edit button.
- Resolved an issue with the Card Carousel components on the homepages of the Institute and Language Schools sites.
- Added a deadline CTA banner for the new Online TESOL program at the Institute.
- Two minor fixes to the new Alumni Businesses collection on that office’s site.
- The undergraduate College site now has a special role for editors who need to update the Requirements pages of academic department sites.
Information Technology Services
Davis Family Library 202
Middlebury, VT 05753