The Midd Ventures Club is a student organization that aims to connect, foster, and celebrate the entrepreneurial spirit throughout the Middlebury College community. We define entrepreneurship as “a process through which individuals identify opportunities, allocate resources, and create value. This creation of value is often through the identification of unmet needs or through the identification of opportunities for change.” To Midd Ventures, an entrepreneur is anyone who wants to innovate and create value. This can be anyone from an economics major starting a t-shirt company, to an artist finding a new way to deliver, promote, or create their work.
Our goals are to:
- Provide resources to assist Middlebury entrepreneurs in their endeavors
- Organize campus and regional events to encourage entrepreneurship at Middlebury and in the community
- Offer educational and networking opportunities to foster new venture creation and economic development
- Publish information concerning entrepreneurial news, events, and opportunities for the Middlebury community
- Maintain a forum for discussion of new business ideas
In addition to connecting students, alumni, faculty/staff, and community members interested in entrepreneurship and innovation, Midd Ventures plans to host a number of events:
- Monthly Speaker Events – Chances for members of Midd Ventures to hear stories and insights from successful entrepreneurs and innovators.
- Demo Days – Opportunities for students to showcase their business ideas or projects to Midd Ventures.
- Happy Hours – Monthly mixers for members of Midd Ventures to network, and share stories and insights.
To join, please email Heather Lovejoy (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of the Elizabeth Hackett Robinson ’84 Innovation Hub with your name, year, and a quick description of why you would like to join.