As soon as you decide to cancel a scheduled event, you should contact Event Management immediately for assistance.
It is essential for you to do the following:
- Cancel your reservation to free up the space for other uses. Event Management will send a cancellation notice to service providers as needed. Releasing the space will automatically remove the event from the campus calendar if it was publicized.
- Contact your caterer as soon as possible to prevent food from being ordered and prepared unnecessarily. Be sure to familiarize yourself with your caterer’s change or cancellation policies.
- If the Helpdesk has issued a ticket for Media Services support, be sure to close your ticket.
- If you have arranged for any special support from Public Safety, confirm the cancellation with them.
- If you publicized your event in Presence, remove the event from that platform.
Failure to do these steps may result in charges to you for previously arranged goods and services.