People silhouetted by a sunset.

Travel abroad should be a safe, enjoyable experience.

However, there are times when Middlebury has to quickly account for the whereabouts of every student, staff member, and faculty member abroad to communicate with them and provide assistance. Thank you for your cooperation and safe travels!

Who Should Register?

Student research abroad, faculty research abroad, business travel, faculty sabbatical, community service/volunteer work abroad, internships abroad, or any Middlebury-sponsored activity abroad. Students who are participating in a registered study abroad program do not need to complete this form unless traveling before or after the program.

How to Register

All students, faculty, and staff traveling abroad from Middlebury must register their travel. For this reason we ask you to complete this quick, simple form each time you travel outside of the 48 contiguous states—it only takes about 5 minutes. You will be asked for your contact information abroad, where and when you are traveling, with whom, and why. After you register your first trip, you will not be asked for general information (i.e. passport number, emergency contact) when registering future trips.

Whether a long or short trip, this form helps Middlebury know where students, faculty, and staff are, and to take appropriate measures when responding to emergencies. Also, your trip and contact information is automatically provided to Global Rescue to receive information such as Travel Alerts and Advisories.

Please review these brief instructions for registering your travel:

Register Now

Global Operations
Sunderland Language Center
College Street
Middlebury, VT 05753
(802) 443-2366 (Tel)