Employees who are leaving Middlebury may have questions about what they need to do prior to their last day of employment.
Please refer to the Employee Resignation Checklist below to help your employees through this transition.
Resignation Checklist for Supervisors
When an employee notifies their supervisor that they plan to leave their employment at Middlebury, the supervisor should complete the following tasks:
- Share the employee resignation information with the employee and review its contents.
- Once their last day is confirmed, enter the resignation in HCM. Instructions can be found in the Manager Self-Service quick reference guide.
- Collect property (keys, ID card, equipment, p-cards, etc.)
- Ensure that employee finalizes their timesheet prior to departure
- Ensure that employee returns uniforms prior to departure
- Remind employee to set up automatic responses (email, voicemail)
- Remove employee from distribution lists
- End employee’s access to shared folders
- Remind employees of the reference process and share information release form with them.
- If you plan to rehire for this position, you will need to enter a new requisition in PeopleAdmin.