The Midd Ventures Club is a student organization that aims to connect, foster, and celebrate the entrepreneurial spirit throughout the Middlebury College community.
We define entrepreneurship as “a process through which individuals identify opportunities, allocate resources, and create value. This creation of value is often through the identification of unmet needs or through the identification of opportunities for change.”
To Midd Ventures, an entrepreneur is anyone who wants to innovate and create value. This can be anyone from an economics major starting a t-shirt company, to an artist finding an new way to deliver, promote, or create their work.
Our goals are to:
- Provide resources to assist Middlebury entrepreneurs in their endeavors
- Organize campus and regional events to encourage entrepreneurship at Middlebury and in the community
- Offer educational and networking opportunities to foster new venture creation and economic development
- Publish information concerning entrepreneurial news, events, and opportunities for the Middlebury community
- Maintain a forum for discussion of new business ideas
In addition to connecting students, alumni, faculty/staff, and community members interested in entrepreneurship and innovation, Midd Ventures plans to host a number of events:
- Vermont Ventures Trips - Chances for students to explore and engage with the innovative and entrepreneurial activity in Vermont.
- Speaker Events – Chances for members of Midd Ventures to hear stories and insights from successful entrepreneurs, creatives, and innovators.
- Demo Days – Opportunities for students to showcase their ideas or projects to the Innovation Hub community
- Happy Hours – Mixers for members of Midd Ventures to network, and share stories and insights.
- MiddChallenge – Business plan competition with financial awards of up to $3000 and access to mentors and advisors in Midd Ventures.
If you are interested in a leadership role or in joining Midd Ventures Club in general, please email email@example.com.