Billing Dates and Details
Middlebury College tuition, fees, and on-campus room and board are billed by semester.
- Fall semester: Billing statements are emailed in July and due August 15.
- Spring semester: Billing statements are emailed in November and due December 15.
Refer to Payment Options for information on payment options and methods of payment.
Billing for Language Schools and Bread Loaf School of English students
Billing statements are emailed in April. The billing notification will include the payment due date, which is generally June 1.
- By June 1, bills must be paid in full (see payment options) or the student must be enrolled in a payment plan.
- Returning students with outstanding balances will not be able to re-enroll or attend summer programs until the balances are paid in full.
Accessing Your Bill
Middlebury uses Nelnet Campus Commerce to provide electronic billing and payment services. Students access their bill and account information online; no paper billing statements are mailed.
What to Expect
Students will receive an email notification, to their Middlebury email from firstname.lastname@example.org, when their electronic bill is ready to view at Nelnet. Use the link in the email notification to access your account. Fall billing email notifications are first sent to students in mid-July and Spring billing email notifications are first sent to students in November.
New students should follow the link to set up their account and, if needed, add an authorized party so that their parent or guardian can also set up an account to view the bill, make payments, and enroll in monthly payment plans.
Helpful Tip: Set up parents or guardians as authorized parties (if needed) during the initial login, so they can create their own account and have access to view the bill, make payments, and enroll in payment plans. Here’s how:
- Create your Student Profile at Nelnet Campus Commerce by using the link from the billing email notification.
- On the blue navigation bar at the top of the screen, the student clicks My Profile.
- Click Add in the Manage Payers section.
- Complete the parent/payer information required under Add Authorized Party, including their email address, and click Save.
- The Authorized Party then receives an email from Nelnet Campus Commerce inviting them to set up their own Authorized Party account.
Financial Responsibility Statement
When you register for any class at Middlebury or receive any service from Middlebury, you accept full responsibility to pay all tuition, fees, and other associated costs assessed as a result of registration and/or receipt of services. The student agrees that their registration and acceptance of associated terms constitutes a promissory note agreement in which Middlebury is providing educational services, deferring some or all of the payment obligation for those services, and they promise to pay for all assessed tuition, fees, and other associated costs by the published or assigned due date.