McCardell Bicentennial Hall keys and card-swipe access are issued by Cathy Ekstrom in MBH 330.
Faculty and staff who have offices or labs within the building are provided with keys enabling them to access needed spaces. Typically, these will include a departmental submaster, which, in addition to unlocking departmental spaces, will also open the building’s copier room (621) and the liquid nitrogen and supplementary cylinder gas storage closets on the first floor. Faculty and staff are automatically added to the building’s card swipe system, which provides building access. Mandatory safety training must be completed before keys and card access to the building can be issued.
- Mon–Thurs: 6:45 a.m.–Midnight
- Friday: 6:45 a.m.–10 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m.–10 p.m.
- Sunday: 8 a.m.–Midnight
Hours vary during breaks. Find break hours in the weekly and monthly calendars here.
Summer Language Schools
- Mon–Fri: 6:45 a.m.–10:30 p.m.
- Sat-Sun: 9:30 a.m.–10 p.m.
Card readers are located at the east, west, and south building entrances as well as at the loading dock and basement entrances. Student card swipe access is limited to the east, west and south entrances only.
Student keys and building access must be authorized by a faculty member.
The McCardell Bicentennial Hall parking lot is designed for the use of faculty, staff, and visitors except where specially designated spaces are reserved for specific other purposes such as commuter students. Parked vehicles should display the appropriate Middlebury College parking decal, available from Public Safety, to avoid being ticketed.
- Visitor parking passes are available from Cathy Ekstrom in MBH 330 or from Public Safety.
- Parking is prohibited at all times along the drop-off loop at the west entrance to the building, as well as anywhere in the loading dock area.
- During events, when all normal parking spaces are occupied, faculty and staff may park along the west side of Bicentennial Way.
Lost and Found
The Lost and Found for McCardell Bicentennial Hall is located with Cathy Ekstrom in MBH 330.
- Items found by the building custodians and others are held for at least one month, after which they may be sent to Recyling or discarded.
- We will attempt to contact the owner whenever identifying information is present.
Trash and Recycling
Office occupants are responsible for emptying their own trash and recycling.
Trash and recycling carts and bins can be requested for cleanouts by contacting Cathy Ekstrom.
All items placed in carts and bins must be bagged. Please be mindful and do not overload bags and boxes so that they are not too heavy to lift out of the carts and bins.
All trash should be bagged and placed in the left-hand dumpster labeled “trash only” at the loading dock. All recycling should be bagged and placed in the right-hand dumpster labeled “recycling only” at the loading dock. All cardboard should be broken down and placed in the right-hand dumpster labeled “recycling only” at the loading dock. Bin liners are available from custodians and MBH 330. Large and small trash bags are available from custodians, MBH 330, and the Stockroom. Trash and recycling should not be left inside the loading dock.
Electronic recycling should be placed in the large cardboard hopper just inside the loading dock swinging doors
Disposal of personal trash or recycling is not permitted at any time in College dumpsters or in trash or recycling bins