Hours: Weekdays 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Location: McCardell Bicentennial Hall Room 143
Contact: email@example.com and (802) 443-5619
Stockroom personnel oversee operation of the Laboratory Stores; which includes maintaining inventory of chemicals and consumable lab supplies for purchase, shipping, receiving, and delivery of packages; and materials management within the building. Laboratory Stores also manages ordering and delivery of cylinder gases and liquid nitrogen.
- Caitlin Carr, Laboratory Stores and Safety Manager, is responsible for many related laboratory safety functions, including hazardous waste pickup and disposal; chemical spill cleanup; management of safety data sheets; and laboratory safety training. Work Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Carrie Donohue, Sciences Purchasing Coordinator, provides support for ordering materials for the Biology Department and Neuroscience Program, and ancillary purchasing and receiving support for the Laboratory Stores and other departments within the building. Work Hours: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Inventory and Pricing
View the stockroom catalog for an alphabetical listing of products available through the stockroom. This list is updated regularly, but if we don’t have something you would like kept in stock, or a price seems too high, please contact us directly to review and discuss options.
Items purchased from the stockroom must be entered in the purchase log by the faculty member, staff person, or student receiving the items. The purchase entry must include the name, department, an account code or name of the class or research project the purchase is for, the correct stockroom code (SR#), the quantity, unit of purchase (i.e. single item vs. case), and a description.
When placing Purchase Orders or P-Card orders:
- Please email a copy of the order confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy the person it is for on the email.
- The subject line of the email should include the following, in this order:
- Format: DEPT_INTERNAL PO#*_VENDOR_DELIVERY INSTRUCTIONS
- Example: BIOL_CD1734_Fisher_Spritzer MBH 343
- If there are special instructions related to your order (such as fridge/freezer storage, perishable items, or live animals) this should be noted in the body of the email and the email should be sent with “High Importance”.
- Please notify us in the email of any equipment or instruments in the order valued over $1000 so that an asset tag can be attached prior to delivery.
* It is recommended that you create an internal PO# using your initials followed by an increasing number to give the order a unique, easily identifiable, and searchable reference number and include this number in the PO# section and/or in the shipping address when placing the order.
Deliveries and Notifications
Federal Express and UPS, as well as freight deliveries, are received through the stockroom. US Mail deliveries are generally delivered directly to department mailboxes.
We strongly discourage delivery of personal items to the stockroom, but understand that at times there are circumstances where this may be necessary. If so please let us know that you are expecting a package and we will notify you when it arrives so you can pick it up from the stockroom.
The shipping address for Bicentennial Hall is: Middlebury College, 276 Bicentennial Way, Middlebury VT 05753
When placing orders please ask that the shipping label include the recipient’s name and the room to which you would like the package delivered. For example: Attn: John Smith (MBH 942)
It is also extremely helpful if the shipping label includes a reference to the Purchase Order Number or P-Card Order ID # included with notification email sent to the Stockroom.
Personal Protective Equipment
The Stockroom provides a variety of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Lab coats are loaned, free of charge to students and faculty working in McCardell Bicentennial Hall. These are not to leave the building and should be returned to the Stockroom when finished being used for the semester and/or for laundering. Surgical masks and N/95 masks are also available free of charge.
Other PPE items for purchase include safety glasses of different sizes and varieties, safety goggles, nitrile gloves, latex gloves, neoprene gloves, heat or cold resistant gloves, face shields, chemical aprons, and hearing protection.
A full list of inventory can be found in the stockroom catalog.
Lab Coats and Laundering
Lab coats for use in teaching and research laboratories are available at no charge through the stockroom. Laundering service is also available at no cost, but must be arranged with stockroom personnel in advance. Lab coats must not be laundered at home, or in a coin-operated laundry or similar facility.
Stockroom personnel will order and deliver gas cylinders to laboratories and equipment rooms upon request. If you need a replacement cylinder please contact stockroom staff who will assist with the process. Gas cylinders should only be moved when attached to a cylinder cart and with all fastenings, etc. in place.