Faculty going on leave may be eligible for partial reimbursement of moving expenses to and/or from the principal place of leave activity. Normally, these subsidies are available for faculty whose research or leave activity takes place outside of Middlebury for at least three months of the leave. For more specific information about this policy, please see the College Handbook.
Guidelines for appropriate use of the funding are below.
PLEASE RETAIN ALL RECEIPTS.
- reimbursement for mileage at the college rate per mile or gas and tolls--not both
- moderately priced meals en route for all immediate family members*
- moderately priced overnight accommodations en route for all immediate family members*
- economy airline tickets and/or train tickets for immediate family members*
- Middlebury College will honor fares arranged through Accent Travel (800.666.3125), Milne Travel (800.906.4563) or fares proved to be more economical than those offered by Accent or Milne. If the fare charge is less than your moving allotment, the College can be billed directly.
- moving company bills (we prefer to reimburse you, not pay the mover)
- taxi to Middlebury from Burlington Airport
- mailing of packages and books
- boxes for mailing and packing
- costs associated with transporting household pets
* Federal law requires that expenses incurred for family members be treated as taxable income.
ITEMS NOT COVERED
- repairs of any kind
- new tires for vehicles
- purchases associated with setting up housekeeping
- rent on apartments
TO BE REIMBURSED:
In all cases, receipts for above mentioned expenditures must accompany requests for reimbursement. These receipts should be submitted to Lynn Dunton, Service Building 211, soon after you have returned from your leave.
In cases where there is a demonstrated need, an advance can be arranged.
Questions? Please contact the Vice President for Academic Affairs office, x5735