One of the most important responsibilities you will have as an international scholar at Middlebury is maintaining your non-immigrant visa status.

When you entered the U.S., your immigration documents were stamped and you were admitted in a non-immigrant status such as J-1 or H-1B or TN or other category. In immigration terms, you obtained the a non-immigrant status in the United States.

Confirm Your Status

To double check that Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) has entered you in the correct visa status, you can access your I-94 record online here (go to Get Most Recent I-94): Please note, you should check this every time you re-enter the United States from abroad. If you find an error on your I-94 record, please contact ISSS at as soon as possible. It may take CBP up to 24 hours after your entry into the United States to update your I-94 record.


Please check back for updates on this page as we work toward developing this section of our website.  If you have questions or concerns related to maintaining your visa status while working at Middlebury, please email International Student and Scholar Services at

Find the latest travel updates and other information.

News and Events

Meet the team and let us know how we can help.

Contact Us