We have recently launched new websites for Information Technology Services, the Provost, and MiddCORE. The new ITS site includes new features like a newsroom for an office, automatic system status monitoring, calculation of ticket stats from our Web Helpdesk system, and service point hours fed from Google Calendar.
The Course Hub has received several improvements this week including site-search, a MIIS ERES connection, resource-editing improvements, and some bug fixes. See below for details.
- Drupal entity_browser 8.x-2.4
- Drupal webform_validation 7.x-1.17
- WordPress feedwordpress plugin 2020.0118
- WordPress jetpack plugin 8.1.1
- WordPress sydney-toolbox plugin 1.06
- WordPress hueman theme 3.4.37
- WordPress responsive theme 4.0.4
Fixes and Tweaks
- The Library and ITS newsrooms now have RSS feeds and display the most recent 10 items, up from the most recent seven.
- The Institute’s Communiqué newsletter now has a compacted menu showing the last four issues, with a link to a page to browse all the issues.
- Headers in the Announcement component in Drupal 8 no longer have very large top margins.
- Course Hub now has a search box and search results page. Please note that this only searches publicly visible page content.
- Course Hub now allows users to choose either the Middlebury or MIIS Electronic Reserves (ERES) server when creating resources.
- Course Hub resource-edit links now aren’t hidden behind subsequent edit buttons on the page.
- Course Hub now properly validates deleted Canvas sites when reconnecting via a new resource.
- Course Hub now creates Office 365 Groups as “HiddenMembership” to prevent people outside the class from viewing the class membership.
Information Technology Services
Davis Family Library 202
Middlebury, VT 05753