The Provost has funds available to support initiatives that further Middlebury’s strategy.
The Provost’s Academic Council (PAC) will make decisions about which ideas to pursue and prioritize, consulting regularly with other offices regarding the feasibility of new ideas and projects. The PAC has articulated the following criteria for evaluating proposals:
- The degree to which the project aligns with Middlebury’s strategic framework
- The intended impact of the project
- The innovative potential of the project
- The degree to which the project integrates or connects existing efforts across Middlebury
- The longer-term financial and administrative sustainability of the project, if applicable
In addition, each year specific areas of focus are identified by Middlebury’s leadership. The following three themes will guide prioritization:
- Projects and initiatives that further our global connections.
- Initiatives that build upon Middlebury’s strategic goals around the environment, intercultural communications, equity and inclusivity, quantitative competencies (e.g., data, environment).
- Initiatives that integrate or connect existing efforts across Middlebury.
Notifications for proposals submitted by November 1 will be communicated by December 16. Funds for successful projects will be available after an assessment plan is submitted, and not before February 1, 2023.
The next deadline for proposals is expected to be in the spring 2023 for funding in fiscal year 2024.
- To get started, please review the guidelines to ensure your initiative is eligible. Please review the guidelines before submitting your proposal.
Office of the Provost
9 Old Chapel Road
Middlebury, VT 05753