The Provost has funds available to support initiatives that further Middlebury’s strategy.
The Provost’s Academic Council (PAC) will make decisions about which ideas to pursue and prioritize, consulting regularly with other offices regarding the feasibility of new ideas and projects. The PAC has articulated the following criteria for evaluating proposals:
- The degree to which the project aligns with Middlebury’s strategic framework
- The intended impact of the project
- The innovative potential of the project
- The degree to which the project integrates or connects existing efforts across Middlebury
- The longer-term financial and administrative sustainability of the project, if applicable
In addition, each year specific areas of focus are identified by Middlebury’s leadership. For 2019-20, the following four themes will guide prioritization:
- Energy 2028
- Enhancing digital fluency and critical engagement
- Strengthening the global network of Middlebury programs through collaboration and partnership
- Building learning communities of faculty and students
Previous avenues of funding, including One Middlebury and The Ron and Jessica Liebowitz Fund for Innovation, have been brought together into a single streamlined process as outlined below.
Deadlines for 2019-2020 have passed.
- To get started, besides the information above, please review the guidelines to ensure your initiative is eligible and to access the application.